“The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.”- Very well quoted by Eleanor Roosevelt. Only the ones who hold faith in their dreams and move ahead in the direction of pursuing them can live those dreams. But while we are in gear to accomplish our mission, we need to follow the right path and also fetch the correct support system for ourselves. Legitimate efforts when get combined with favourable backing, the results are exemplary.This is exactly what happened when aspiring campaigners turned to Dreamwallets, the best crowdfunding platform in India. On starting a campaign based on their dream and getting the valuable support of their backers, they could accomplish what they set out for.
Following are the 7 dreams that could come to life in the year 2016 with their crowdfunding journey commencing at Dreamwallets:
- Paani – 2014 and 2015 were the worst years for the farmers of India when the number of suicides by these hardworking ranchers was somewhere close to 15000 for these two years combined. The situation was particularly worse in the state of Maharashtra which faced the harshest drought of the whole century. Gaurav Dagaonkar raised an amount of around Rs. 108000 against his target of Rs.100000. The entire collection was given to Fulora Foundation for their Global Parli project which aims at working for sustainable solutions to minimise the ill-effects of drought on the farmers in villages in Beed district of Maharashtra. The campaigner initiating the project and 40 backers who extended their valuable support played a significant role in improving lives of struggling croppers of India.
- Purified Water for Pure Souls – With an ambition of providing safe drinking water to the children of Ashanilaya Orphanage in Bangalore, Kumar Abhisek Bhuyan started a campaign on Dreamwallets. 39 backers helped with collection of Rs.55250 to surpass the target amount of Rs.50000. This campaign proved to be of greathelp in providing safe drinking water to the orphan and homeless children of the orphanage and save them from the hazards of polluted water they used to drink.
3. Meri Pyari Gudiya – Girls not getting the affection and importance in all the ways they deserve is not a new scenario to Indians. Some social evils such as child marriage, female foeticide, female illiteracy, and all possible ways of gender bias have fortuitously managed to thrive in our country. To provoke the thoughts, make the country realise thetrue worth of girl child, and support the cause ‘Beti Bachao Beti Padhao’ Aniket Kar initiated the campaign named ‘Meri Pyari Gudiya’ on Dreamwallets. The project aimed to raise an amount of Rs.32000 to be used in recording a song which depicts significance of girl child from the eyes of a father. The campaigners could successfully raise the desired amount with thesupport of 15 backers who made their invaluable contribution!
4. Voice of Voiceless – Coexist- A group of animal-loving people based in Pune is passionately promoting coexistence between humans and animals. The campaign ‘Voice of Voiceless’ aimed to raise a modest amount of Rs.50000 to be able to further their efforts in ensuring a better life for stray animals. Their endeavours in this direction include sterilisation and immunisation of stray animals, offering them medical rescue and first aid in the event of injuries or medical issues.It also included placing water bowls for them on streets, securing them with a home by finding people ready to adopt them, educating people of Pune against cruelty and motivating them to be sensitive and caring towards stray animals. The amount raised by the campaign was far above their target!
5. Mission Fight the Cold – Winter chill takes toll of as many as 700 to 800 lives every year in India! An appreciable initiative was taken by Shakti Das through his campaign ‘Mission Fight the Cold’ in which he aspired to raise a small but valuable amount of Rs.25000. This amount was to be used in buying blankets to be distributed to the indigent homeless spending their nights on streets even during this chilly weather. With this amount at his disposal, around 200 good quality blankets could be distributed to such people. But all thanks to Dreamwallets and the overwhelming response from the contributors that the collections of Rs.29802 exceeded the target by over Rs.4000, which meant distribution of around 40 more blankets over and above the target!
6. Edges of Love – All of us would have heard and watched numerous stories of love so far, but the creativity with which the campaigner Harshit Nagar and his team depicted the love that exists amongst us at different stages of life is beyond words to express. The collections of this campaign also surpassed its target of Rs.300000,and another dream came to life with the help of Dreamwallets and 60 backers supporting this ambition.
7. Pinjra – TheIndianwoman, is worshipped as Goddess all through the country, yet also treated as a source of amusement. What an irony! People offer prayers to Goddess so that their aspirations are fulfilled, yet the ambitions of a woman are contemptuously ignored and suppressed. Aiming to create a short film about six women with different emotions, Pramod Sanghi turned to Dreamwallets for raising an amount of Rs.300000 to be able to meet the expenses for the short film. With 47 backers showing their excellent support, an amount of Rs.304000 could be raised by the campaigner.
Just like Walt Disney, we at Dreamwallets too believe that ‘If you can dream it, you can do it’.
Now is the right time to get going and chase your dream just like the campaigners of the above projects did! It would be a matter of immense pleasure and pride for us at Dreamwallets to be a part of your ambition. So if you have a dream living within you but are facing financial constraints, don’t allow them to the roadblocks. Start a campaign now at Dreamwallets and kickstart your journey to victory!